Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tell Me What's Really Goin' On?

Tonight as John, Paul, George, Ringo and I pulled off of Interstate 79 and into Small Town, West Virginia, we were greeted by new construction and a fresh grown crop of 'Help Wanted' signs.  Not at all what I had anticipated.  Honestly, I believed that like Christian Slater in Young Guns II, I would encounter groups of American workers mining guano to earn a living.  Mostly, I expected this because I realize the economy has not been as bad in Pittsburgh as the media indicates it has been in Small Town America.

I must note that the boys from Liverpool and I passed hundreds of farms between Canonsburg, Pennsylvania and Glenville, West Virginia, but did not observe a single shale well springing up.  However, we did spot many EQT trucks parked in local driveways and quite a few 'Do You Have a Gas Well Yet?' signs plastered on local billboards. 

My quest to discover What's Really Goin' On continues this week.  I will be spending the remainder of the week in beautiful...and I mean beautiful...Glenville, WV.  I shall report my findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment